BrightFocus Foundation is a premier source of private research funding to defeat Alzheimer’s, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. Through investing in an ongoing research portfolio of more than 220 awards, we are working toward cures for the medical conditions we all fear most: loss of mind and loss of sight. Our public awareness efforts share the latest research findings and best practices with families impacted by these diseases.
Our talented, dedicated team brings together a wide range of talents and disciplines to advance our mission of ending diseases of mind and sight. We hope you will consider joining us at BrightFocus.
See our open positions below.
Click a position to view the full job description.
The brand-new position of Vice President, Integrated Marketing will elevate BrightFocus’ profile by developing and overseeing the strategy, implementation, and evaluation of the Foundation’s comprehensive marketing, communications, and digital efforts. This strategic leader will set the vision, design, and implement integrated communications that will bring to life BrightFocus Foundation’s work and value proposition. The leader will assess the current state of BrightFocus’ multi-channel marcoms initiatives across our three disease research programs (Alzheimer’s Disease Research, Macular Degeneration Research, and National Glaucoma Research) and will create a robust digital ecosystem throughout the organization. The Vice President will determine how data analytics can play a role in furthering the organization’s outreach strategy and impact and will create an exciting, recipient-centered plan for each digital channel.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President will lead a team of 4 and liaise with the Foundation’s direct mail vendor and digital fundraising consultants. The position will partner closely with a dynamic, supportive Senior Leadership Team representing the departments of Development, Scientific Affairs, Public Affairs, and Strategic Partnerships.
The Vice President should thrive in a truly collaborative, de-siloed environment and possess a discerning curiosity and creativity - continually seeking and incorporating best practices and the most current design ideas into our digital outreach.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Functions:
- Work with BrightFocus’ leadership to identify high-level marcom needs and collaboratively develop plans to meet those needs.
- Embed best practices for diversity, equity, and inclusion in all MarCom tactics.
- Develop, execute, and evaluate marketing and communications strategies and tactics to meet key objectives around increasing brand awareness and engagement among new and existing markets through digital channels: website, email, social media, and digital ads.
- Work closely with the Development team to assist with ensuring that the digital fundraising program has the digital resources needed to meet its fundraising goals, and that content is developed and delivered for all departments to reach their key audiences.
- Leverage BrightFocus’ existing platforms and services to enhance digital experience to improve tracking and conversions.
- Platforms include but are not limited to: Zoho CRM, Campaigns, Backstage and Social. Drupal 8/9, Google Analytics, DMI, Data Warehouse, SiteImprove.
- Oversee BrightFocus web properties, email marketing, SEO, SEM, display and execution of social media.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and make evidence-based decisions about platforms, tools, and approaches.
- Measure performance of digital marcoms via key metrics, and adjust strategy as needed on an ongoing basis to meet defined goals. Identify trends and insights in digital marketing based on performance to optimize strategies that improve digital ad spend.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate user experience across multiple channels (site, social, ads) and identify critical conversion and drop-off points throughout this pipeline.
- Identify creative opportunities for enriching how supporters experience BrightFocus virtually.
- Develop and manage annual budget and closely monitor monthly billing with an understanding of cost allocation.
- Direct Reports: Social Media Manager and Digital Projects Manager
- Indirect Reports: Communications Coordinator and Web and Multimedia Specialist
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience in marketing and digital communications.
- Minimum 7 years experience leading a marketing and digital communications team.
- Proven success in the development and implementation of marketing and promotional campaigns with excellent follow-through and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare and nonprofit ecosystems, and experience hiring and managing vendors and agencies to drive results is a plus.
- Stellar verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills including proofing and editing.
- Experience with CRM such as Salesforce, Zoho, or equivalent platforms.
- Experience with Open-source CMS such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla.
- Expertise in digital optimization and analytics, marketing, communications to acquire, activate, and retain supporters.
- Agile and able to adapt to the constantly changing environment of digital technologies.
- Experience with paid digital media, including Adwords, YouTube videos, Facebook posts, and sponsored Tweets to drive key outcomes and goals is a plus.
- Professional demeanor with respectful assertiveness towards all levels (internal/external).
- Ability to lead and partner with passion, humility, patience, and a deep commitment to patients, families, donors, and personnel
Equal Opportunity Employer
BrightFocus is committed to the full utilization of all human resources and to a policy of equal opportunity. In accordance with applicable laws, it is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “VP, Marketing & Communications” in the Subject line for consideration. Your cover letter should demonstrate strong written communication skills by conveying your related experience, passion for our mission, and what you aspire to contribute through your work at BrightFocus.
About BrightFocus Foundation
BrightFocus Foundation (BrightFocus) is at the forefront of brain and eye health by promoting awareness and driving innovative research worldwide to help eradicate diseases including Alzheimer’s disease, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. To learn more about BrightFocus, visit www.brightfocus.org.
BrightFocus is committed to the full utilization of all human resources and to a policy of equal opportunity. In accordance with applicable laws, it is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to any legally-protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.